Tutorial: – I’m using and 1.8 theme and I was struggling with how to add a banner to the header. If you are having the same problem, here is how to add a banner to your header section of your website. I’m also using a free plugin called ‘Thesis Openhook” which you can find in the directory. These instructions are based on using this free plugin.
1. Login to youradministrator backend.
2. Click on Appearance, Thesis OpenHook
3. Look for “Header” – “Equivalent to adding to thesis_hook_header in your custom_functions.php file”
4. Add the following code to the edit box. Change the code in red to the image and link to your banner code and banner destination:
<a href=”http://www.cmsmind.com” target=”_blank”><img align=”right” src=”YourImageFile.jpg” width=”468″ height=”60″ /></a>
5. Click on the ‘Little Save Button’ below the box to save your changes for the Header.
After you refresh you website you should see the new banner in your header.