2.0 Tutorial on how to change your footer on your homepage. When you install 2.0, by default it has a link to WP Admin and to the homepage. You can easily remove these existing links and add your own text. I want to add my own footer text. Below I will show you how to change your footer for you Thesis 2.0 website.
Overview of How to Customize your Thesis 2.0 Footer
- Edit your Home Page Template
- Take Note of How to Remove Items from the Template
- Expand the Footer Section
- Remove WP Link and Thesis Attribution in Home Footer
- Create a New Text Box for Footer Information
- Drag New Text Box to Footer
- Edit the Settings of the New TextBox in Footer
- Add Your Own Text in the Footer Information
- See Change in Homepage
1. Edit your Home Page Template
Login to your Thesis 2.0Website admin and go to your homepage. You can edit the home page template directly from your frontend.
Thesis 2.0 Tutorial – Click Home Click to edit
- Login to your Thesis 2.0 Admin
- Click on ‘Home Click to Edit‘
2. Take Note of How to Remove Items from the Template
This screen shows you what elements are currently on your Home page template. The items on the left are elements that are part of your home page. The boxes on the right are items that are not. See the big grey box on the right that says: <shift> + drag boxes here to remove them from the page. That is how you will remove items from your home page template. You will hold down the <shift> key, click and drag the box to this grey box.
Remove Boxes from Template using Drag and Drop – Thesis 2.0
3. Expand the Footer Section
Scroll down to the bottom of the Thesis 2.0 Home Page Template. You will see the ‘Footer’ where the WP Admin and Thesis 2.0 Attribution links are. Expand the Footer.
Thesis 2.0 Tutorial – Expand footer
- Hover over the Footer section
- Click on the arrow to expand the footer section
4. Remove WP Link and Thesis Attribution in Home Footer
Remove the WP Admin Link and Thesis Attribution links in the Footer.
Thesis 2.0 Tutorial – Remove WP Admin and Thesis Attribution Links
- Remove the Thesis Attribution and WP Admin Link
- Hold down the <Shift> key, click on the Thesis Attribution, drag over to the box (shown in step 2)
- Hold down the <Shift> key, click on the WP Admin Link, drag over to the box (shown in step 2)
5. Create a New Text Box for Footer Information
On the right you will see a box that says ‘Add Boxes’. You will create a new Text Box for your footer information.
Thesis 2.0 Tutorial – Add Boxes New Text Box
- On the right side, locate the box that has the heading of ‘Add Boxes’
- Set the following values:
- Drop down = Text Box
- New Box Name = MyOwnFooter
- Click on ‘Add Box‘
6. Drag New Text Box to Footer
Now you can drag this new box you created to the Footer section. The new box is in blue with the name you named it above. You can see at the bottom of the box in step 5, it says <shift> + drag boxes to move them, so that’s what we are going to do.
Thesis 2.0 Tutorial – Move text box to Footer
- Hold <shift> key, click on MyOwnFooter blue box, drag over to the Footer section and let go
- You should see the new text box under the Footer section
7. Edit the Settings of the New TextBox in Footer
Now edit the settings of your new text box in your footer. Hover over the new box and you will see a circle to click on.
Thesis 2.0 Tutorial – Edit settings of new text box in footer
- Hover over ‘MyOwnFooter’ box and a circle will show up
- Click on the circle
8. Add Your Own Text in the Footer Information
Now you can add your own footer information in the new Thesis 2.0 text box you created.
Thesis 2.0 Tutorial – Add footer information in new text box for footer
- In the Text/HTML section, enter in your footer information. Example:
- Site Maintained by <a href=”http://www.cmsmind.com”>CmsMind</a>
- Click on the ‘x’ to close
- Click on ‘Save Template‘ button
9. See Change in Homepage
Now you can see the change in your Thesis 2.0 homepage. Refresh your homepage and you will see the new footer you created above.
Thesis 2.0 Tutorial – How to create a new footer for homepage
This only changes the homepage template. If you want all the other pages to be the same, you will have to change the Single page template and the others the same way using the same steps above.
Hope that helps,