2.0 Tutorial on How to Remove the Wp-Admin link at the bottom of your website. After you installed the 2.0, you will notice the Wp-Admin link in the footer portion of your site. You can easily remove this link with the Thesis admin manager. The admin panel has become all drag and drop which is extremely easy to use. Below is a tutorial on how to remove the wp-admin link from your homepage.
Overview of Steps to Remove Wp-Admin Link from Thesis 2.0 Home Page
- Go to Home and Click to Edit the Home Page Template
- Take Note of How to Remove Items from the Template
- Expand the Footer Section of the Home Page Template
- Remove WP Admin Link from Home Template
- View Home Page from Front end – WP Link is Removed
1. Go to Home and Click to Edit the Home Page Template
Login to youradmin website and you can easily customize your Thesis 2.0 website. Thesis 2.0 admin panel has become all drag and drop. You can easily move elements around to adjust to your needs. To remove the WP admin link from the home page you must edit the Home Template.
- Login to your Administrator Backend
- Visit your Home page
- At the bottom left corner, click on ‘Home – click to edit‘
2. Take Note of How to Remove Items from the Template
This screen shows you what elements are currently on your Home page template. The items on the left are elements that are part of your home page. The boxes on the right are items that are not. See the big grey box on the right that says: <shift> + drag boxes here to remove them from the page. That is how you will remove items from your home page template. You will hold down the <shift> key, click and drag the box to this grey box.
3. Expand the Footer Section of the Home Page Template
Scroll down to the bottom of the Home Page Template. You will see the ‘Footer’ where the WP Admin link resides. Expand the Footer.
- Click on the ‘arrow‘ beside the ‘Footer’ to expand the footer section
4. Remove WP Admin Link from Home Template
Drag and drop the WP Admin link from the footer section of the Home Page Template.
- Hold down the <shift> key, click on the ‘WP Admin Link’ and drag it to the box on the right (indicated in step 2)
- Click on ‘Save Template‘
5. View Home Page from Front end – WP Link is Removed
You can view your homepage now and you will see that the WP Admin link is gone. If you want to remove the WP link from the single pages, you can repeat the above steps to the Singe Post Template.
Hope that helps,