2.0 is layout is totally drag and drop. It takes some getting used to and playing around with. This tutorial is how to remove the comment box from the single posts. When you don’t want users to leave comments on your posts, you can remove the whole comment box now easily from the Admin Manager.
2.0 – Overview How to Remove Comment Box from Single Posts
- Go to Single Post Screen, Edit Single Post Template
- Take Note of the Message of How to Remove Boxes From the Template
- Remove 3 Comment Boxes From Single Post Template
- See How Single Post Template looks After Saving
- Screenshot of Single Post from Frontend
1. Go to Single Post Screen, Edit Single Post Template
Login to your Thesis 2.0website and you will encounter a totally new way to manage your Thesis 2.0. You can edit your Thesis homepage directly with drag and drop functionality or via the css editor. Right now, I want to remove the comment section in all my single posts. I don’t want to allow users to leave comments on my site. I will go to a single post screen and click on the ‘click to edit’ at the bottom left of the screen.
- Login to your Administrator Backend
- Click on a Single Post
- Click on the bottom left corner ‘Single – Click to edit‘
2. Take Note of the Message of How to Remove Boxes From the Template
Take note of the message on the right of the screen that explains to you how to remove boxes from the single page template. You hold down the <Shift> key on the keyboard while using the mouse to drag the box over to the box.
3. Remove 3 Comment Boxes From Single Post Template
Remove the 3 comment boxes in the Single Page Template. The 3 Comment boxes are:
- Comments Intro
- Comment Form
- Hold down the <shift> key
- Click on the ‘Comments Into’ and drag to the box indicated on the right
- Do the same for the ‘Comments’ and ‘Comment Form’ box
- Click on ‘Save Template‘
4. See How Single Post Template looks After Saving
This is how the Single Post Template looks after saving and removing the comment boxes, see screenshot below:
5. Screenshot of Single Post from Frontend
This is how the frontend will look after you finish saving the single post template and removed all the comment boxes. No more comments!
Hope that helps!