I was recently looking how to add custom sidebars to my posts and pages and found athat suited my needs. This is a free that is available in the Extends Directory and is called “Graceful Sidebar Plugin’. This is great because I can easily customize my sidebars and add html code or text directly into the sidebar.
I had no problems installing theplugin. I’ve used it quite a bit already and really happy with it. If you want to try it out, below are steps to install the free “Graceful Sidebar Plugin’
- Search & Install “Graceful Sidebar” in Plugins
- Activate Plugin
- Add sidebar text/code in Posts/Pages
- Add Widget in Sidebar
1. Search & Install “Graceful Sidebar” in Plugins
- Login to your WordPress administrator panel
- Click on ‘Plugins’, ‘Add New’
- Search for:
- Term = Graceful Sidebar
- Click on ‘Search Plugins’
- Under the title – Graceful Sidebar Plugin, click on ‘Install Now’
2. Activate Plugin
- Next window ‘Installing Plugin: Graceful Sidebar Plugin’
- You will see downloading, then successfully installed plugin, click on ‘Activate Plugin’
3. Add sidebar text/code in Posts/Pages
To create custom sidebars in your posts, you actually create the sidebar inside your posts and pages.
- Click on the ‘Posts’, ‘All Posts’ in your Left Navigation
- (of if you want to put your sidebars in pages, click on ‘Pages, All Pages”
- Edit a post or page
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and see the heading “Graceful Sidebar Options”
- Fill in the information for Graceful Sidebar Title – This is the title that will display on your website
- Fill in the information for your Graceful Sidebar Content – Here you can enter in text or HTML code to customize and create your own sidebar content.
- Click on Update
4. Add Widget in Sidebar
Next you will need to add Graceful sidebar plugin widget to your Sidebar. You only need to do this once.
- Click on ‘Appearance’, ‘Widgets’
- Under ‘Available Widgets’
- Click on ‘Graceful Sidebar Widget’ and drag it over to under your ‘Sidebar’
Now refresh your WordPress website and you should see your customized sidebar you created in your posts or pages.