Welcome to CSMmind.com formerly Enzolina.com.
In my last post I mentioned that I migrated my website from one domain hosted on an old webhosting to a new domain name on another webhosting provider. Since my website has been around for about 6 years and has many links on Google and other websites I was hesitant to make the transition because I could potentially lose all the pages that got indexed into Google and all the other links that other pages linked to my site.
1. I didn’t want to lose all the traffic from my pages indexed by Google.
2. I didn’t want to just use a cold redirect of my website to the new one.
3. I wanted linked pages to link directly to the new page.
4. I wanted the links and redirects to be seamless to the user.
So I must rant and rave about this plugin that I found that helped me with all the above. I installed the‘Redirection‘ on my old blog and created 301 redirects for all my posts. So far it has helped with:
1. People who find my old website link in Google search, click on it and are redirected here – to my new website – seamlessly.
2. Users who are on my old website and click on any links on the old website are redirected here -to my new website – seamlessly.
3. I can monitor how many times each old link was used and had to redirect users to my new website.
4. 404 error monitoring – captures a log of 404 errors and allows you to easily map these to 301 redirects.