Help – Creating a link to a website not within your domain is an external link. For example creating a link to Google.com is an External link. There are many places where you can place an external link. In this Tutorial, I will show you how to create an external link in an Article.
For example I want to create a weblink to Google.com.
Create an External Link inArticles
- Login to your 1.7 Administrator backend
- Click on Content,
- Edit your article.
- Highlight the text you want to link, in my example , I highlighted the word ‘here’
- Click on the “Insert/Edit Link” icon
- In the window “Insert/Edit Link”, enter the following values:
- Link URL = http://www.google.com
- Target = Open link in a new window
- Title = Click here to visit Google website
- Click on ‘Insert’
Refresh your site and view your article. When you click on the word ‘here’, it will open up the Google website in a new window.