3.0 Tutorial on How to link an Articles to Menu. I currently have a Joomla Menu item created from the component. It lists all my links that I added in the Component. I also have an article called ‘6th Cmsmind’ and in here I want to link directly to the component menu item I created. This is very simple, all I need to do is copy the link from the menu item and paste that link into my article. Below I will show you how.
Overview of How to Link Articles to Joomla Menu
- View Menu Link in Main Menu in
- View Menu link on Frontend
- Copy Menu Item Link from Frontend
- Go to in
- Edit Article and Create a Link
- Insert Link to Menu Item
- View Article and Link Created
1. View Menu Link in Main Menu in
I’m going to show you how to get the menu item link from the frontend of your Joomla website, but in reality, you could also look at your Menu Item in your Menu Manager to get the link directly. The menu item link is the menu item alias. But to be safe, I would recommend to publish the menu in a module to get your menu item link directly from the frontend.
- Login to your Administrator Backend
- Click on ‘Menus’, ‘Main Menu’
- See the Menu item. I’m using the menu item ‘ CmsMind Links’
- The Alias is a direct link to the menu item. For example my direct link would be:
2. View Menu link on Frontend
Add the Menu in a Module and publish on the. You can view the Menu Item Link on the .
- Hover over the Menu Item. I will hover over my Weblinks Menu Item
- CmsMind Links
- Look at the bottom status bar, the direct link is:
3. Copy Menu Item Link from Frontend
Copy the Menu item link. You can right click on the link and click on ‘Copy link’
- Hover over the Menu Item Link
- Right click on the Menu Item Link
- Click on ‘Copy Link‘
4. Go toin Joomla 3.0
Joomla 3.0 Article Manager manages all the articles in your Joomla website. You can edit, delete, publish, unpublish, create articles and more.
- Click on ‘Content’
- Click on ‘Article Manager‘
5. Edit Article and Create a Link
Edit the article that you want to link to a Joomla Menu. I’m editing my article and adding a text from which I want people to click to access my Menu.
- Add text:
- Link from Article to Joomla Menu Item – Elaine CmsMind Links
- Highlight the words:
- Elaine CmsMind Links
- Click on ‘Insert/Edit Link’
6. Insert Link to Menu Item
Paste the link you copied from step 3. The text will link directly to the Joomla Menu.
- Put cursor on ‘Link URL’
- Right Click and ‘Paste‘ link from Step 3
- Set the following value:
- Target = Open Link in the Same Window
- Click on ‘Insert‘
- Click on ‘Save & Close’
7. View Article and Link Created
Now you can go to your Joomla 3.0 website frontend and view your article. You will see the text entered in Step 5 along with a link to the Joomla Menu.
- Hover over the ‘Elaine CmsMind Links’
- You will see in the status bar the link to the Joomla Menu
- Click on the link and it will go to the Weblinks Menu component
Hope that helps. Please leave a comment if you have any questions.