3.0 Tutorial on how to link to an article already created in your website. You want to reference an existing article you already created and also add a link to it. You can easily link to an article in your . Below is a screenshot of an article I created that links to 3 articles I already created in my Joomla website.
Overview of How to Link to An Article in:
- Go to in
- Edit Article in Article Manager
- Place Cursor Where You Want The Link To Be
- Select Article You Want To Link To
- Place Cursor on Article Link & Copy Link
- Select the Word You Want to Attach The Link To
- Paste Article Link
- Erase The Previous Article Link
- Repeat for All Article Links
1. Go to Article Manager in
Joomla 3.0 Article Manager is where you can create, delete, edit, unpublish, publish articles and more.
- Login to your Joomla 3.0 Administrator Backend
- Click on ‘Content’, ‘Article Manager‘
2. Edit Article in Article Manager
Edit the article you want to insert all the article links. In my example, I will be editing the article ‘6th CmsMind.com’.
- Click on the Article Title to edit the article
3. Place Cursor Where You Want The Link To Be
Place your cursor where you want the Article link to be. I placed my cursor at the end of line 1.
- Place cursor at the end of Line 1
- Click on ‘Article‘
4. Select Article You Want To Link To
Once you click on the ‘Article’ link, you will see a list of all the Articles in your website. In the list, select the article you want to link to. I want to link to the first article.
- See list of all articles on your website
- Select article you want to link to
5. Place Cursor on Article Link & Copy Link
Now the title of the Article pops up to where you had your cursor on the first line. I don’t want the title to be a link. I want the word ‘here’ to be a link to the article. So I will have to copy the link from the article title and paste it to the word ‘here’.
- Place cursor anywhere in the article title with link
- Right click the Article link
- Click on ‘Copy Link‘
6. Select the Word You Want to Attach The Link To
Now select the word you want to have a link to the article. In my example, I want the word ‘here’ on the first line to link to the first article.
- Highlight the word ‘here’
- Click on ‘Insert/Edit Link‘
7. Paste Article Link
Paste the link you copied from step 5. You can choose a different target for the link. You can have the link open in the same window, in the parent window or in a new window. I just left it as the default, which is opening in the same window.
- Click on ‘Link URL’
- Right Click and Select Paste
- The link copied from Step 5 should populate into the field – Link URL
- Click on ‘Insert‘
8. Erase The Previous Article Link
Now you can erase the article title because you have the article link in the word ‘here’ now. Repeat above steps to add links to all articles. See how it turned out in my screenshot below:
Now when you view the article from the frontend, you will see links to all your articles.
Hope that helps. Please leave a comment if you have any questions.