Tutorial – Send Email only to my Comment.
The comment feature is very useful in. When users leave a comment on a post, the admin is notified. This is a great. But when there are multiple replies to a post, all the people who responded to the same post receives a notification as well. This is sometimes very annoying. People really only want to see an email if someone replies to their comment. I’ve received many emails regarding this annoying feature and how to remove it. I’ve found a free that will only send an email when there is a reply to a directly reply to a comment made to a post. You can find the free plugin in the directory called ‘Send Email Only On Reply To My Comment’.
Overview of How to Notify if Reply to My Comment
- Install Free Plugin – Send Email Only On Reply To My Comment
- Activate WordPress Plugin
- Go to WordPress Plugin Settings
- Configure WordPress Plugin Settings
- See the WordPress Plugin Comments
1. Install Free WordPress Plugin – Send Email Only On Reply To My Comment
First step is to go to your WordPress and search for the free plugin.
- Login to your WordPress Administrator
- Click on ‘Plugins’, ‘Add New’
- Search for ‘Send Email only on reply to My Comment’
- Click on ‘Install Now‘
2. Activate WordPress Plugin
Once you finish installing the WordPress plugin, go to Plugins and activate it.
- Click on ‘Plugins’, ‘Installed Plugins’
- Search for ‘Send email only on Reply to My Comment’
- Click on ‘Activate‘
3. Go to WordPress Plugin Settings
Now you can configure the WordPress plugin and check out the different settings it has.
- Click on ‘Settings’
- Click on ‘One Email‘
4. Configure WordPress Plugin Settings
You can manage the settings of the ‘Send email only on Reply to my comment’ wordpress plugin. You can check the stats or configure the email options. The WordPress plugin starts working the instant you install and activate it. You do not need to change any of the settings. But here are the settings if you need to look/change them.
5. See the WordPress Plugin Comments
I did not make any other changes to my WordPress plugin or theme. After I installed and activated the WordPress plugin I checked out my. Under the ‘Leave a comment’ section, you will see a new checkbox that says:
Notify via Email Only if someone replies to My Comment
You can see the result in the screenshot below:
Hope that helps. Please leave a comment if you have any questions.